Support Us
Donate
Phone (701) 974 3315 Address PO Box A Richardton, ND 58601
Social
Follow us on Facebook!

Abbey Church

The Abbey/St. Mary's Church was built in the early 1900's, and is a North Dakota landmark visible across the prairie.

What is now the East Wing of the monastery (seen with its tower to

the right in this photo) was the first building on this site. The North

Wing (behind the church construction) was built next. Then work

was begun on the Church building itself. In the foreground are the

kilns used to make bricks from the local clay. These bricks were used

for the interiors of the walls, the outer finshed bricks came from the

Hebron Brick Company.

Construction work continued steadily on the church,                      

which was consecrated in July of 1910.

The church was completely rebuilt on the inside in 2001,

with all new electrical wiring, lighting, flooring, painting

and stenciling. The roof also was replaced and the sub

roof rebuilt. A proper sound system and ventilation

system was also installed.

The Renewal Process was the work of the whole

community, and of our many friends across the country

and around the world. The finished space is an inviting

and worthy place for the worship of God.

Back Back Top Top Next Next

Abbey Church

The Abbey/St. Mary's Church was built in the early 1900's, and is a North Dakota landmark visible across the prairie.
Support us
Donate
Social
Follow us on Facebook!

Email us
Phone (701) 974 3315 Address PO Box A Richardton, ND 58601