Support Us
Donate
Phone (701) 974 3315 Address PO Box A Richardton, ND 58601
Social
Follow us on Facebook!
Back Back Top Top Next Next

Monastery Building

Thirty monks reside here at the monastery with other monk assigned to outside missions.
This 1900 photograph shows the first monastery residence a year after the monastic community moved to Richardton. Most of the first floor was taken up by a chapel, which also served as a church to the local catholic population.
The first floor of the monastery building was used as a chapel by both the monastic community and the local parish. Here is a photo of this chapel taken in 1906.
By 1906, the north wing and the brick face have been finished. A steeple with a hidden water tank has also been added.
This 1905 photograph shows the north wing nearing completion, and the start of the brick facing on the 1899 east wing.

This 1900 photograph shows the first monastery residence a year after the monastic community moved to Richardton. Most of the first floor was taken up by a chapel, which also served as a church to the local catholic population.
This 1905 photograph shows the north wing nearing completion, and the start of the brick facing on the 1899 east wing.
Support us
Donate
Social
Follow us on Facebook!

Email us
Phone (701) 974 3315 Address PO Box A Richardton, ND 58601